Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Career in Marketing and Advertising.

As I prepare for the end of the semester for the fall of my junior year, I can't even believe how fast the semester has flown by and it's all a little overwhelming. I feel like I really have learned a lot from my classes that I am currently taking and feel like the material I have learned recently is really going to be useful in my future career. After taking this Integrated Marketing Communications class, I feel like I would really like to go into marketing and advertising after graduating from college. The thrill of coming up with new ideas to progress a product or a company and make that particular thing very successful is something that I am truly interested in. I really do love fashion and I know that I always will, but I am very interested in the consumer side of retailing and why people buy. I love marketing and advertising because by seeing or hearing different advertisements, we can dissect them and figure out what the core message really is. Why would someone hear or see the ad and think that they NEED that product or service. Advertising is something that I really want to explore and think that this class has really brought me into what I truly may want for my future career.
-Amanda

1 comment:

KennedyKaye said...

I definitely agree with you. I entered the CARS major with only the idea of that I love fashion. But now that I've been exposed to the other side, the advertising side, I think, like you, that I'd love to explore more in this industry and hopefully build a career. Who knew that so much work went into one little thirty second commercial? I'd love to be one of the people that helps to create these moments :)