Monday, October 1, 2007

Yahoo! Avatars


I've had a Yahoo email account for a few years now and I have never come across the avatars! I thought creating an avatar was so much fun. There are so many different choices of clothing and accessories, but I felt like there could have been more choices in the appearance category. There were only about eight choices for different faces and you were able to choose your eye color. I think there should be a separate category for each feature of the face - one for eyes, one for lips, one for nose, etc. Everyone is so different and unique that I think the features are too general to accurately resemble a specific person.
Another good idea might be to make the appearance category more interactive. There should be a feature where you can click and drag certain parts of your face or body to make them bigger or smaller and longer or shorter because everyone is a different shape and size.
Overall I enjoyed creating an avatar on Yahoo. However, as I mentioned before, I've had a Yahoo account for a few years and have never heard of avatars. Honestly I didn't even know what an avatar was. Maybe there should be more advertisement of avatars so members are more aware of what they're able to do with them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

More advertisement and the interactive appearence suggestions are great! I totally agree!

I didn't really know what an avatar was either...I knew it was a character, but I didn't know it was so interactive/creative.

CARS2009 said...

Thanks Amanda! It is funny how we are surrounded by tons of technology and use the internet on a daily basis, yet there's still so much we don't konw about or utilize!

-Jessica