Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finding the Perfect Internship

Some days it seems like college life will last forever and living in an apartment with your roommates, going to class everyday, is how our lives will be forever, but that is so wrong. As a junior in the CARS department, I am constantly asking myself, what do I want to do after college. The CARS major offers so much and in so many different areas of the Consumer, Apparel, and Retail Industries that it can sometimes be overwhelming as to the number of options that a degree in our major has to to offer.
One of the biggest things you are probably thinking about if you are a junior or senior, is INTERNSHIPS. Yes, I know the word we hear ALL the time and that we are always bombarded with. I have been looking at internships all over the U.S. and am very excited to be an intern in the summer of 2008, but what I don't necessarily find thrilling is the process of searching and searching and searching.
Taking the Pre-Internship class (CRS 331) is really preparing my peers and myself for the business world and the correct way to have business interaction and communication off of the college campus. I have not narrowed my search down for internships in just Greensboro or North Carolina, but it would be nice to be around here, too.
I am excited and nervous to take this next big step in my college career and really learn what I want to do in this industry through an internship that will offer me a lot of great information, learning experiences, and an insight into what I may want to do in the future.

If you are looking for some websites to find internships, here are a few that are really great and reccommended by the UNCG Career Services Center:

www.internships-usa.com
www.internshipprograms.com
www.campuscareercenter.com/students/intern.asp
www.vault.com/top-internships

-Amanda

No comments: